Saturday, June 20, 2009

two rock star moments

Number one:
I dyed my hair bright red last week, after some serious talking me into it from Haley. We were first going to do a dark red vampire-ish color, which is what I had pictured in my head, but I freaked out. So we chose an auburn color, which turned out bright red anyways. The next day was the school picnic and I arrived halfway through and very quietly filled out a name tag and that's when I heard SHRIEKING. My favorite girl kids all ran up to me exclaiming about my hair and how much they loved it. On and on and on, like it was the biggest deal in their lives. That made me feel good.

Number two:
I submitted a bunch of song proposals to our choir director because I will be out of the country during song selection. I received this email in reply.
...these are cool. I am so sorry you won't be here in July. You are the best finder of songs in the group. as a matter of fact you and I could just be the committee as far as I'm concerned. Heard the event went great at your school. I would have liked to have participated more. Hope to see you soon. THANK YOU for your wonderful spirit and insight. Love sue got more?
I AM AWESOME.

No comments: