Wednesday, June 17, 2009

that was not "passive aggressive," this is not "confrontational"

Yesterday my co-teacher (that one) sat down next to me and started complaining about having to grade workbooks. We went back and forth a few times with me explaining why and him complaining, so I finally said, "Then don't grade them."

He shook his head at me and said, "Why do you always have to be so confrontational?"


...Wha?
Am I missing something?
This was the least confrontational I have ever been, being that I was sitting and typing on my computer when HE approached me. Completely flabbergasted, I countered that I wasn't being confrontational, just observing that since he REALLY didn't want to grade stuff, don't do it. He then argued that I "always do this" and it makes it impossible to have a conversation about work with me. And he said, "I was just making an observation and you are starting an argument." Again, blown away by the shit he pulls out of his ass, I retorted that I was simply making an observation.

The Out To Get Me attitude is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was good, especially since I understand it so well. I'm afraid that would be my reaction also. There are so many people in the world that would rather complain, that really don't want a solution, sometimes you just have to cut your losses. It's not you. LOL.