Thursday, August 06, 2009

last day!

I'm pretty ready to leave. I can't wait to take a looooong shower, to hang out in my apartment naked, to leave dishes in the sink, to put food in the fridge without labeling it name/room/date of departure, and to freaking BRUSH MY TEETH AND LEAVE MY TOOTHBRUSH IN THE BATHROOM.

I've already done all the shopping I need to -- and "need" is pretty liberal here since what I purchased was $50 worth of junk food -- but I have a few extra hours to wander around and maybe buy some real souvenirs. But really the best stuff is at the grocery store, so this time I go to Woolworths and buy stuff. Exciting.

I'm already packed, all my food is hidden away, my airport shuttle is booked, and I'm ready to go! See you on the other side!

2 comments:

Angela Watson said...

Well, you've done it. By the time you read this comment, you'll be back on the 'other side'. I think I know more about Australia now than I ever wanted to know. :-)

I am amazed that you wrote so much while you were gone, and I know that years from now, you'll be glad you put so much time into keeping an amazing record of your experiences. Welcome home!

superdeens said...

Wow, thanks Angela. It's been an adventure for sure, and it's the most I've ever written on a trip. Not sure all the commentary is going to fit in the picture album, what with the 725 pictures I took. Thanks for sticking around!