Friday, August 07, 2009

popsicles!

Since I have about seven loads of laundry sitting on my living room floor, I have been incredibly industrious doing everything BUT. Just this afternoon, I went through a month's worth of mail, signed up for online billpay for all my utilities, cleaned and reorganized my freezer, and applied for several student volunteer organizations. Now I am ready to make popsicles.

Is your apartment as hot and stuffy as mine? I considered eating ice for dinner. Thus:

BREAKFAST POPSICLES
  • mush up a banana
  • mix it with apple juice (about half/half)

SNACK POPSICLES
  • cut/mush up some strawberries or rasberries or blueberries, or all three
  • mix with Greek or Lebni yogurt (the thick kind)
  • mix in some honey or fruit syrup (I use a blackberry kind that you are supposed to mix with water to make punch)
  • if you don't have syrup, you can use jelly and some water

CAMPFIRE POPSICLES
  • mix Greek or Lebni yogurt with apple juice or apple sauce
  • mix in some honey
  • add cinnamon

DESSERT POPSICLES
  • make Ovaltine
  • mix with vanilla yogurt

These popsicles are all incredibly tasty and nutritious and I dare you to eat less than three every day. My friend Haley's kids stopped eating Otter Pops and requested the banana apple pops first thing in the morning for days. You can buy popsicle sets at the grocery store or the 99cent store or even Ikea. If you're desperate, then just pour the ingredients into a cup, dump in a spoon, and freeze. If the cup is paper, tear the cup when you're ready to eat. If it's plastic, run it under hot water for a minute to get it loose.

No comments: