Thursday, September 17, 2009

favorite things of other people's that now I love

Tova - cheese. There is this cheese that they sell at Trader Joes which has become my favorite entree. Being that I have high cholesterol, that is not a good thing. English cheddar with carmelized onions. It's so good it could be dessert.

Haley - stripes. She's obsessed, now I'm obsessed.

Karen - baked cauliflower. You make this by chopping up cauliflower drizzling olive oil and curry powder on top, and cooking in the oven for thirty minutes. It is so tasty, and healthy too. I didn't eat cauliflower for fifteen years because way back in the fifth grade, I threw up after eating some for dinner (possibly unrelated), but Karen's recipe turned me around.

Danny, the friend of a friend I hooked up with - Billy Joel. At a New Years party sometime during college, Danny exclaimed about how Billy Joel was his favorite singer. I had heard OF him then, but never heard him. I promptly returned to university and illegally downloaded his greatest hits. The next year, I saw Billy Joel and Elton John at the Forum. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Oh What a Night. *

All of my ex-students - Twilight. I used to scoff; Now I'm a believer.

* I've always thought "Oh What a Night" was by Billy Joel, and was my favorite song, until this second when I looked it up on youtube and found it was Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.

No comments: