Sunday, February 07, 2010

live blog of report card weekend

I sat down on the couch to write these effing report cards, which may have been due on Friday, but my knitting project was much too inviting to pass up. Pea green scarf, finished at last. It only took thirteen months.

. . .

I like to start with the high achievers, because then I can copy and paste. Parents don't really need specifics when their kid is smart.

. . .

Drinking, watching Troy, and writing report cards. Brilliant combination? Or recipe for disaster? I'll find out on Tuesday, when we get the first draft. Let's hope I remember to finish.

. . .

Ooh, new Sarah Palin disasters afloat! And she sorta kinda maybe really just admitted to potentially running for president in 2012. Let's all hope that Email Gate and Property-Tax Gate blow up real big before then.

. . .

I've moved on to 300. It's Greek movie night. My last ten report cards are really pushing the creative boundaries of how to respectfully convey to parents that their child cannot read, or is a total dickhead.

. . .

Good lord, I need to quit. Five more till I'm done, but they will have to wait until tomorrow. My head is a swimming mess of Baileys and gladiator sandals. I cannot think of anything nice to say about Veronica, other than I like her new haircut. This won't do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could always say that Veronica is soooooo much smarter than Sarah Palin. Ok, most people are smarter that whats-her-face, but if you're running out of comments........

K.