Wednesday, August 23, 2006

no stranger than the rest of 'em

In addition to teaching in a low income community, I am required to exercise in one as well. I decided I would bike around the Rosecranz Park, which is located behind Trader Joes in Culver City. The park is a dusty, fenced-in, round peice of dirt. Rosecranz Park doesn't really exist in real life. My dad and I biked around the park for a while before running into the Rosecranz athletic supervisor, and old lady with crazy blond hair. When she stopped us, I realized my bike seat was way too high, as my shoes were several feet off the ground when fully extended. While I adjusted the seat, Crazy Hair Lady insisted that I was not eligible to work out at the park, and it took some time convincing her that I was allowed because of my university program. At which point, Rosecranz park filled up with babies! One of which was my little cousin, Ella! She walked towards me and latched on to my leg, but alas, this was also not allowed, and Crazy Hair Lady reprimanded me for being too friendly. I tried to explain that I was rescuing the baby from drowning. Couldn't she see all the water? Crazy Hair Lady didn't hear me because she was busy filling out paperwork. My dad just shrugged, like Whatchoo gonna do? Rosecranz park turned into a circus! With baby Ella on my lap, my dad and I watched the premier attraction: several giant, giant rats pulling two (normally horse-drawn) carriages towards each other. The rats were larger than people. The circus tent was full of cheering men. As we sat, transfixed, I remarked that the reins seemed awfully weak compared to the rats' apparent strength. My dad replied that actually, the rats pull and pull towards each other until one of their harnesses comes undone, at which point the rats lunge into the audience and eat people. I tightened my grip on the baby.



I interpret this dream to mean I am full of anxiety and need to get a job soon.

No comments: