Wednesday, April 11, 2007

the netherlands

Internet, I’m going to HOLLAND!!!!!

That’s right, land of dykes and windmills and tulips. (And pot and legalized prostitution.)

My mother is giving a paper at a conference in Amsterdam at the beginning of July, and I was invited to come along for the ride because I AM A FABULOUS TRAVELER. So now I have a great trip to look forward to. It’s in good time; I was getting very sick of being in the U.S. It’s been what, A year and a half? Two years? since my last big trip, and I feel it. I can’t wait to take out my pack and my hiking boots and my extensive supply of bandanas and combination locks. Today I bought the Lonely Planet book and have been just been devouring culture and history since.



Did you know that a Dutch wife is a nickname for a prostitute? Also a sex doll? Brilliant, right?!

No comments: