Thursday, April 12, 2007

new york, pt 2

Some things I forgot to mention in my original New York post:
  • Rachel's culinary masterpiece BRISKET, made from scratch, a complete labor of love, a total main course for our first night seder, and apparently "pretty good tasting." I mention the brisket because it was a brought up in conversation at least six times each day I was in town. And also because Rachel doesn't cook (see final entry on this list), so it was a Big Deal.
  • I suffered an ocular migraine headache while watching Prime, and lest you think it was derived from the movie, think again. (It's a great movie with some great awkwardness.) I haven't had a migraine since middle school. All of a sudden, with no warning, your sight kind of goes. If you're lucky, this is followed by a splitting headache. I developed a blind spot between four and five o'clock and it took me several minutes to realize it was in my brain, and not caused by a light reflecting off the TV. I took some meds and wore my airplane eyepatch for an hour or so, and it went away. But it was really creepy.
  • The contents of Rachel and AJ's freezer: a single bottle of vodka.

No comments: