Wednesday, December 26, 2007

vacation is still lovely

I just came back from dinner and drinks with my college boyfriend Nick and I had so much fun! I found out he'd been staying in our married friends' extra bedroom for a few months and left a note on his bed. (After snooping around first, is that wrong? You would totally do it too.) I could tell it was going to be a fun night from the volleys of text messages that issued forth all afternoon. There was the same kind of chemistry / ridicule that marked our relationship oh way back when. I'm not looking to start something up with him, besides the fact the he is (still) not Jewish and has a girlfriend, but dude he is FUN. I myself bring a lot of the fun-ness out, to be honest.

Ever since that latest jackhole dumped me I've been thinking a lot about Nick. For one, the stupid ways he hurt me when we were eighteen aren't as bad as the stuff done when I was twenty five. Another thing is that Nick had a positive, happy personality, he wasn't deep and introspective like the ex, if by deep and introspective you mean conceited and depressed. Around February of last year I was desperately valuing carefree and upbeat. Fuck the brooding indie scene. Lastly, Nick is totally driven and not lazy at all and I like to be around people like that. It brings out the best of my Type A compulsions.

Anyhoo, I'm glad we reconnected. I learned that his relationship with the girl he left me for was sucky for a year, which made me happy. I revealed probably too much about my sex life, but what is new. We discussed the possibility of starting a supper club, which I am pretty certain will not actually happen. He came up with a great plan to secure me a travel companion for Summer Oh Eight Third World Country Trip. It involves some complicated craigslist Scion challenges, so I can't really get into it now.

This week I've reunited with five college friends! Cheers to a new year!

No comments: