Monday, February 23, 2009

my other life

Sorry I'm being a disgusting mushy retard. Here are some other things I'm doing in my life besides grossing you out:

  • Watching "The Bachelor." This grosses me out, too, but I can't help myself. I heart Melissa.
  • Knitting. Right now I'm making a pea green, chunky, ribbed scarf. It's addictive. There has been a knitting elective for a few months and all the kids at school are really into it and they tote their little bags of yarn and needles around all day. It's awesome, especially for some of the anger management psycho girls who now enter the classroom, sit down, and start to knit. Instead of starting shit with other kids. So anyways, I got jealous and started my own project. It looks kind of like this, but way less barfy.
  • I am obsessed with pomelos. Thank God tomorrow is Farmers Market day and I can buy some more.
  • Still running, although less frequently. (First there was the rain, then the flu, then my period.) Today I ran for 0.7 miles straight without stopping. YAY! Now that I have super awesome sports bras and cool running shorts with mini pockets and (ugly, trendy,) leggings, I WANT to run. Oh, and, of course, my ipod. I have found some super duper podcasts that make me want to stay out for way longer than my normal workout. NPR "This American Life" and "Radio Lab" are my current faves.
  • I may have a thyroid problem or a prolapsed heart valve. I've been having palpitations for two weeks and they are driving me batty. The good news is that I had a normal EKG.

No comments: