Monday, February 23, 2009

when it rains, it pours

Remember Wade? The one I went to Peru with and then didn't talk to afterwards? It's been three years since we've spoken last. I got an email from him this weekend apologizing for being a dick and offering an explanation. We're meeting on Sunday. I'm seriously anxious and also kind of excited.

The Boy says the only reason a guy would contact me like that after so much time is to test the waters with the vague hope of a potential hook-up/relationship down the line. I think there is some truth to that. I can't decide if that makes me feel good, or bad, or both.

Remember this shithead? It's been three months of commitment and I have to say that I'm a little surprised it's lasted this long. We've been spending more time together and I've learned new things about him that I love. Although he sucks to an absurd degree at discussing his emotions, he's done some pretty awesome things, and when I describe them to my friends, I realize, he really does like me after all. For example: He brought over cake on Valentines Day and we made chicken schnitzel together. We still sleep all spoony and shit. He had dinner with my mom and brother this past Shabbat. Kissing details which I will not disclose here. He just now invited me over tomorrow to watch the Laker game and "Stay over."

That's huge to me because this exact conversation took place a few weeks ago at his house:
ME: I really like sleeping over with you.
***silence***
ME: Do YOU like when I sleep here?
HIM: Of course I do, why else would you be here?
MY INNER DIALOGUE: Because I keep inviting myself over and maybe you are too polite to send me home at midnight.


Maybe I need therapy. This insecure shit is getting old.

No comments: