Sunday, March 29, 2009

viva la musica

I have been crazy downloading and buying. I did the guesstimation last night and figured I've acquired eighty new songs in the past two weeks. NUTS! Jokes on you because I've actually consumed it all.

  1. Juana Molina. We've talked about her already. Love.

  2. Dolly Parton. I wasn't sure I would like her, but I've been on a fiddle kick since January and even created a Nickel Creek Pandora station. I adora them. Dolly is very upbeat and happy and that's what I need after a break-up, plus the album was like two dollars on amazon's Deal of the Day, so there you have it. The one I got is The Grass is Blue, which isn't even new, I just noticed, but still, it's fantastic. Don't look at the album cover, because that's hideous.

  3. U2 No Line of the Horizon. Meh. I've listened to two songs and then moved on. One of these days.

  4. india.arie's newest. Good, not crazy terrific or anything. Although I haven't had a really solid listen yet.

  5. Mieka Pauley. Elijah Drop Your Gun. I got this when it was free and whoa is she good. Like an updated Fiona Apple.

  6. Classical guitar, various artists, three dollars, perfect for classtime.

  7. Random, random, random electronica from 3hive. Barzin, Mojib, and Hasch'm'Meneum. I haven't actually listened to more than a sample of each of these, but they are on their way to getting burnt so I can give 'em a go in the car. That is where I do my best consuming.

  8. Daft Punk's Greatest Hits. Also two dollars on amazon one day. I found it the week after one of my students did a powerpoint presentation on them.

  9. Let's not forget the two BOCA albums I bought last night at ICCA semifinals, AMAZING. The story was that on Friday afternoon, I was nonchalantly fucking around on the internet, what a surprise, and I looked up my old friends the DOTs, and then clicked some links, and discovered that the Big Concert was happening in twenty-four hours, a mere two miles from my house. Fate. I bought tickets and invited Choir Rebecca. It was a great concert. Guys who can sing on key-- nay, guys who CHOOSE TO SPEND THEIR FREE TIME SINGING (and who can also execute humorous choreography simultaneously) are sexy. I should add that to the list.

No comments: