Friday, June 12, 2009

the clouds have parted, rain is easing up, sun in shining, thank god I am not a crazy bitch!

I had a talk with the principal today in which he told me that there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the email I wrote, that he was disgusted with my co-worker's response (and reprimanded him for it), and most important of all, was sad and angry about the culture of secrecy and bullying that has developed within the team. We are figuring out a way to air dirty laundry and identify misconduct before we leave for summer break. It can't appear as though he is scolding them in front of me, and it shouldn't in any way strengthen the me-them dichotomy.

I am going to need some serious therapy after this year. I have been told so many falsehoods about the way I "am" and the ways "things should be" that my perception of self and my ideas about the workplace are completely fucked up. It will be a while before I can dig through the crap and trust my instincts again.

2 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Here goes nothing - I am completely new to your bloggy and have only read the two most recent posts but have to admit that I feel some sort of kinship with you because of the asses you've had to deal with.

That idiot who told you your email was "crying to daddy," should be kicked in the shins by one of my ED kids who's been held back a few years in elementary before being sent on to my middle school. I mean that from the bottom of my (sometimes black) heart.

I hope there's an end in sight to this horrible year you've had.

superdeens said...

Thanks! I'm excited for next year when we are getting a new principal and three new teachers!