Tuesday, June 10, 2008

pandora radio

I'm very up front about the fact that Zero 7 is my favorite band. Though I have a million favorite songs at any one moment, I have always had only one favorite band. I think the first fave was Smashing Pumpkins post Siamese Dream. Then it was Tori Amos for a short while. I think in college I was in love with Tim McGraw (freshman year), Aviv Geffen (junior year), and Michael Jackson (senior year). Sophmore year? I have no idea. Maybe Jackson 5? I just took a tour through my CD collection before I remembered that all of my college music was mp3s obtained through Napster and burned onto some CD in some CD book without a list. Let's pretend it was the Beatles because I took a kick-ass class about them.

Anyhoo, the point was to tell you that I like TONS of different music, in my classroom, in my car, in my choir, on my stolen ipod. Like for example, my new choir CD is in my car (choral), Wee Sing American Music and Josh Vietti is in my classroom (patriotic and classical, respectively), my ipod is set to Tenacious D, and I think Talib Kweli is in the living room stereo.

Two years ago, when I was still living in that fabulous apartment with Miriam and Abbey, I would play my favorite CDs in the living room while cooking or working on papers. By which I mean When It Falls was on a full time loop for several months.

But I just realized that I haven't played Zero 7 since I moved into this new apartment. Or the beginning of the school year. Same time. Since then I've been grooving on lots of other new music which I've written about here and here and here. I just discovered this AWESOME site called Pandora Radio where you type an artist or song you like, and they will stream that artist and music like it. Obs I put in Zero 7 and omigod my mood just improved like ten hundred degrees.

No comments: